The Bulldogs are set to enjoy 36 overall online games in 2021-22 with the Ice Breaker Tournament at Amsoil Arena remaining exempt from the NCAA’s limit of 34 regular period games.
UMD’s 24-recreation NCHC schedule was released back again in April. Monday’s release supplies the final formal dates for the Bulldogs’ 12 nonconference online games. Coming off a season performed throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, only 5 nonconference game titles are on the highway.
A few game titles are in condition as section of house-and-house collection with Bemidji State, Minnesota and Minnesota Condition-Mankato. The other two online games are just 253-miles away from Northern Michigan in Marquette.
The schedule for the Ice Breaker Match has not been finalized but, having said that, sources have indicated the Bulldogs will get on Michigan in the 1st match though Minnesota State and Providence satisfy in the other initially-spherical game.
The Bulldogs’ whole 2021-22 plan can be found underneath, with house online games in bold and an asterisk (*) for NCHC video games:
- Oct. 8: at Bemidji Point out
- Oct. 9: vs. Bemidji Point out
- Oct. 15-16: Ice Breaker Tournament at Amsoil Arena showcasing UMD, Michigan, Providence and Minnesota Point out-Mankato
- Oct. 22: at Minnesota
- Oct. 23: vs. Minnesota
- Oct. 29-30: Open
- Nov. 5-6: at Western Michigan*
- Nov. 12-13: vs. Colorado School*
- Nov. 19-20: at North Dakota*
- Nov. 26-27: vs. Alaska (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Dec. 3-4: at Northern Michigan
- Dec. 10-11: vs. Denver*
- Dec. 17-18: Open
- Dec. 24-25: Open (Christmas)
- Dec. 30: at Minnesota Condition-Mankato
- Jan. 1: vs. Minnesota State-Mankato
- Jan. 7-8: at St. Cloud Condition*
- Jan. 14-15: vs. Miami*
- Jan. 21-22: at Omaha*
- Jan. 28-29: vs. Western Michigan*
- Feb. 4-5: Open
- Feb. 11-12: at Denver*
- Feb. 18-19: vs. North Dakota*
- Feb. 25-26: at Miami*
- March 4-5: vs. St. Cloud State*
- March 11-13: NCHC quarterfinals (on campus)
- March 18-19: NCHC Frozen Faceoff (St. Paul)
- March 25-27: NCAA Regionals (Albany, N.Y. Allentown, Pa. Worcester, Mass. Loveland, Colo.)
- April 7-9: NCAA Frozen Four (Boston)
UMD’s plan is topic to modify. It at the moment does not have a exhibition match scheduled, on the other hand, the Bulldogs could incorporate just one at a afterwards date.
This story was up-to-date at 1:40 p.m. on Could 24, 2021, with the dates of the Bulldogs’ sequence from Minnesota and Alaska subsequent the formal release of the 2021-22 routine. It was at first posted at 1:54 p.m. on May well 20, 2021.