1. Now this is how you leave a job!
Kenny Mayne anchored his previous SportsCenter on Monday night time, right after performing at ESPN for 27 yrs. He definitely went out on a high observe, finding the initial job interview with a disgruntled Aaron Rodgers, who shared his imprecise and cryptic good reasons why he’s sad with the Packers.
But it was Mayne’s closing shot at Rodgers at the finish of their dialogue that was the chef’s kiss.
“Hey, previous factor. The previous time we did the job interview with each other, you advised me to go large in the cryptocurrency video game. I did and we’re down 40%, then I lost my work. Gretchen just would like a new comforter. F— you, Aaron Rodgers.”
Mayne then exited the established like a slugger who just hit a stroll-off home operate.
After his last clearly show, Mayne took to Twitter to send out a easy concept.
Before in the working day, Mayne shared this great image of him and his catchphrases.
2. My colleague, Dan Gartland, included the incredible tale of Brooks Koepka basically seeking to vomit above the weekend when Bryson DeChambeau walked past him during an interview. I am not going to cover the whole matter here. Just check out Dan’s Hot Clicks.
But I need to say this: I know this may well arrive off as hyperbole and “prisoner of the instant” stuff, but when every person is undertaking their “Job interview of the Calendar year” or “Most effective Dwell Television Moment” at the conclude of 2021 when we all do our 12 months-in-review pieces, Koepka really should sweep the board.
3. Speaking of golfing, Phil Mickelson introduced a ton of persons to their Television sets on Sunday.
4. This was a interesting second Monday evening when the Jazz’s Joe Ingles stunned teammate Jordan Clarkson with the Sixth Guy Award for the duration of an job interview with TNT’s Ernie Johnson.
5. You know that terrible cliché, “places it in point of view”? Properly, in this article the Winnipeg Jets’ Blake Wheeler got hit in the twig and berries with a puck Monday, but he set it all in standpoint after the video game.
6. The latest episode of the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast features two visitors.
Initial up is New York Put up sports activities media columnist Andrew Marchand. Matters protected with Marchand include Marv Albert’s impending retirement and who will change him as TNT’s direct NBA perform-by-engage in broadcaster, what occurred concerning TNT and Chris Webber, highlights of the 2021 NFL agenda, irrespective of whether Tom Brady vs. the Patriots on Sunday Night time Football in Week 4 will set a ratings document, what the merger involving Time Warner and Discovery indicates for sports enthusiasts, ESPN’s 6-portion documentary on Derek Jeter and considerably additional.
Following Marchand, CNN Tv analyst and government producer of The Story of Late Night docuseries Bill Carter joins the podcast to communicate about the six-section show at the moment airing on CNN. Carter sheds mild on the Jay Leno–David Letterman battle, the Johnny Carson–Joan Rivers feud, the improvements in late night time around the years and a great deal extra
You can also enjoy the SI Media Podcast on YouTube.
7. RANDOM Movie OF THE Working day: Joyful 36th birthday to the WWE’s Common champion and the latest SI Media Podcast guest Roman Reigns.
Though Reigns has experienced a great run in the ring, it was this business that may well be his finest perform at any time.
Be sure to catch up on earlier editions of Traina Thoughts and look at out the Athletics Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on Apple, Spotify or Stitcher. You can also abide by Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.